Monday, January 11, 2010

UFC Fight Night 20 Predictions: His and Hers



Here we go, Fight Night free on Spike tonight...
We have already outlined my criteria for predictions, and as promised, I have brought Josh on board to level things out and add a little credibility to this wacky world... (oh, and P.S. These pics are all courtesy of MMA Junkie

Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard
9


The Lowdown:
This is a rematch of sorts for these two fellas... Maynard lost to Diaz in the semis for TUF 5.

Nate Diaz (11-4), (5-2) in the UFC
*BJJ Blackbelt
*TUF 5 Winner
*3 Fight of the Night Honors
*2 Submission of the Night Honors

Gray "The Bully" Maynard (8-0-1), (6-0-1) in the UFC
* Made it to TUF Semis
* Has one of the fastest knock outs, clocking in at 9 seconds.

His: Maynard.  Diaz doesn't usually do well with wrestlers, and Maynard is one of the stronger wrestlers Diaz has faced thus far.  Diaz is known for exciting fights, so it's not going to decision.

Hers: Maynard.  It was a toss up for me.  Maynard has a tramp stamp, which isn't a good thing.  Luckily for him, Diaz is a douche.  Game over.  It might not be fireworks, but I'm calling Maynard. 

Evan Dunham vs. Efrain "Hecho en Mexico" Escudero
Evan Dunham (9-0), (2-0) in the UFC
*BJJ Brown Belt

Efrain Escudero (13-0), (2-0) in the UFC
*wrestler, kickboxer, grappler
*TUF 8 Winner




His: Escudero.  I don't know much about Dunham, this fight will help define who he is as a fighter.  Escudero is well rounded and should be able to win the fight.
Hers: Escudero.  The primary reason I choose Efrain is that his autograph has a special place above my bed.  Mayhaps, if more fighters gave me autographs they would win more... I'm just sayin.


Tom "Filthy" Lawlor vs. Aaron Simpson
Tom Lawlor (6-1-1), (2-0) in the UFC
*Has one submission of the night honor
*wrestler
*TUF 8 Alumn.

Aaron Simpson (6-0), (2-0) in the UFC
*NCAA All American Wrestler




His: Simpson. I believe they are both great wrestlers, but Simpson has shown that he has the knock out power, and I believe he will get the win.
Hers: Lawlor.  I think Lawlor for no other reasons than he has won a submission of the night and Simpson hasn't and that he advertizes that he is filthy.  Class.  Yeah, it's a really techical analysis, I know.


Brad Blackburn vs. Amir Sadollah

Brad Blackburn (15-9-1-1), (3-0) in the UFC
* I don't have any interesting little tidbits, sorry!

Amir Sadollah (2-1) Period.
* Sambo Blackbelt
*BJJ White Belt
*Muay Thai fighter
*TUF 7 Winner
*Submission of the Night Honor




His:Blackburn.  He has a major experience advantage and has fought and beaten much mroe credible opponents. Sadollah still makes rookie mistakes.
Hers: Sadollah.  Manties+Euro mullet= WIN

Chris "The Crippler" Leben vs. Jay Silva
Chris Leben (18-6), (8-5) in the UFC
*BJJ Practitioner
*wrestler
*boxer
*2 Fight on the Night Honors
*BOO!! Tested Positive for Steroids.

Jay Silva (5-2), (0-1) in the UFC
*Muay Thai
*BJJ Purple Belt




His: Leben.  I don't know much about Silva, but I think Leben will get this one.  Between his experience, his knock out power, and his drive to get back on the winning side I think Leben can secure the win.
Hers: Leben.  Ohhh... Mister Leben, you are walking a fine line to douchbag-dom with the whole steroid bologna.  I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you want to be a legit fighter... prove me right!


Jesse "The Ox" Lennox vs. Rick "Horror" Story

Jesse Lennox (11-1), (1-0) in the UFC
*wrestler

Rick Story (8-3), (1-1) in the UFC
*wrestler
*Submission of the night Honor




His: Lennox.  I don't know much about either fighter, but I think he will win.
Hers:  Ummm.... yeah, what he said.

Nik "The Carny" Lentz vs Thiago Tavares

Nik Lentz (17-3), (1-8) in the UFC
*wrestler

Thiago Tavares (14-3), (4-3) in the UFC
*BJJ Practitioner




His: Tavares.  I don't know much about Lentz, he's new-ish (not to be confused with Jewish, that would be Joshy) Tavares has been kind of on and off with his fights.  Eh, fuck it.  We're calling a draw.

Hers: Lentz.  He is man enough to identify his back up plan for when his fighting career flops.  Carny.


Mike "The Joker Guymon vs. Rory McDonald

Mike Guymon (11-2) *UFC Debut Tonight*

Rory McDonald (9-0) *UFC Debut Tonight*
*BJJ Practitioner, Boxer




His: McDonald.  I have been reading a lot of hype about him being the next up-and-comer.
Hers: McDonald.  I just picture this being a fight between a nice little bookworm named "Rory" and that meanie "Mike" on the playground.  I always want the cute little bookworm to win.

Kyle Bradley vs. Rafael dos Anyos
Kyle Bradley (14-6), (1-2) in the UFC

Rafael dos Anyos (12-4), (1-2) in the UFC
*BJJ Practitioner




His: (this is the lazy version of Josh) dos Anyos.  Because he is a quick Brazilian... ummm... and he has the number 2 in his name.  Yeah.
Hers: dos Anyos.  Okay, so Josh took my prediction.  I was going to say something about "2", but I lost it.  I am going to go with... ummm... okay, I've got it.  dos Anyos obviously puts a lot of time into his tan, so of course he puts a lot of time into his training.  It's a stretch, but I have like 30 secs to post this!!


Gerald Harris vs. John Salter
I am out of time.  All you get is Josh's predictions and pics :)


Josh says Harris. hahahahaha... I am so lazy!

Nick Catone vs. Jesse Fobes



Forbes.  That's it... now on to the live show!!


Okay, so I have learned a valuable lesson in time management tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment