Tuesday, February 2, 2010

UFC 111 Welcomes Nate Diaz vs. Rory Markham


It's official, Nate Diaz will make his debut at 170 on March 27th in Jersey. 

Woo freakin hoo.

I really am not too excited about this, I'm not gonna lie.  I really hope Diaz gets his booty handed to him.  I mean, I can see a move up in weight if you are dominating your weight class (a la BJ Penn or Anderson Silva) but Diaz has been mildly underwhelming.  I mean, 4 of his last fights have gone to decision. 
That is not establishing dominance.

Oh well, I guess it will be interesting to see what his new excuses will be with the new weight class.

Markham is (1-1) in the UFC and is coming off a loss to Dan Hardy who is now the #1 contender, facing GSP in March.  At his debut he earned "Knockout of the Night" honors in his win against Brodie Farber.

We Shall See...

::scoff::

No comments:

Post a Comment