Saturday, February 6, 2010

Predictions: UFC 109

UFC 109 airs tonight on PPV.  Prelims start at 9 and will be aired on Spike... enjoy!!

All of these loverly photos were yoinked from MMA Junkie


205 lbs.: Mark Coleman vs. Randy Couture


His: Couture-- He is the more complete fighter and has evolved his skills far beyong being just a wrestler.  Colemand hasn't.  He's callin TKO... The fight will go past the first round, but beyond that Josh has a fear of comittment.
Hers: Couture-- I'm on Team Captain America too.  Mostly becuase he has been waay more impressive in his last few fights than Coleman has.  Coleman needs to really really call it quits.  As someone wise said in my car today "Just because you can doesn't mean you should."
185 lbs.: Nate Marquardt vs. Chael Sonnen

His: Marquardt-- They are both well rounded, but Marquart has beaten and finished more top fighters to get where he is.  TKO Round 1.  That's all he wrote, folks!
Hers: Marquardt-- Sonnen tips the scales of Douchebagdom and is only rivaled on this card by Mister Melvin.  He needs to understand that just becuase he thinks he is a big deal doesn't actually make him a big deal.  Do my bidding Marquardt.

170 lbs.: Paulo Thiago vs. Mike Swick

His: Swick-- He will get a TKO in the later rounds, they are both good strikers but Swick has the edge.
Hers: Swick-- I don't know why, when, or how.  For some reason I just like Swick.  It's not that I don't like Thiago, I just like swick more.

185 lbs.: Demian Maia vs. Dan Miller

His: Maia- He thinks Maia will go back to his roots of BJJ to avoid exchanging with Miller.  Submission in the second round.
Hers: Maia-- I swear I'm not copying Josh, I swear!!  I just want him to win becuase I remember him fighting up in Montreal.  I remember his name in lights and I'm not gonna lie, I didn't hate it.

170 lbs.: Matt Serra vs. Frank Trigg

His: Serra-- Joshdoesn't really have a reason why he picks Serra, I personally think he's cheating by picking my fighters, but he is willing to bet it's going to decision.
Hers:Serra-- I really like Serra ever since he picked GSP up for a victoy lap after he lost up in Monrteal... Lets Go Serra!!!
155 lbs.: Mac Danzig vs. Justin Buchholz

His:Danzig-- he needs the win.
Hers:  Danzig-- I adore this little vegan warrior.  He has got to win or Dana will give him the boot.
155 lbs.: Melvin Guillard vs. Ronnys Torres

His: Guillard-- He has more Octagon experience, and is showing a new found discipline/
Hers: Torres-- Guillard is a doucebag.  We all know how I feel about douchebags. 

185 lbs.: Rob Emerson vs. Phillipe Nover

His: Emerson- He is more aggressive and should be able to knock the fainting nurse out.
Hers: Emerson- I just seriously dislike the shades.  Pull a few more stunts like that and I might have to start giving you a douche rating.

205 lbs.: Brian Stann vs. Phil Davis

His: Stann-He is much more experienced and has well rounded skills.  He is a former WEC Champ.  He should take it.
Hers: I vote Stann too.  I don't know why, but I really don't need a good reason why.

265 lbs.: Tim Hague vs. Chris Tuchscherer

His: Tuchscherer-- Josh picks him to be contrary.  I hate that.
Hers:Hague.  I don't like Tuchscherer, he reminds me of a baby Brock.  Hague, you have to take care of him to show Josh that I know my stuff!
265 lbs.: Rolles Gracie vs. Joey Beltran


His: Gracie- He is a Gracie, need I say more?
Hers:Ditto



No comments:

Post a Comment