Tuesday, January 5, 2010

UFC 111 Poster!!



Today I was faithfully (or compulsively...) checking the usual sites for all the latest news and I came across the poster for UFC 111 in Jersey!  I have to say, it is pretty exciting that I dont' have to travel hours upon hours upon hours to get to the event.... WOO HOO!

Here is what I know so far...

UFC 111: St. Pierre vs. Hardy
When: Saturday March 27, 2010
Where: Prudential Center in Newark, NJ

Main Event ::insert::some::Canadian::fightin'::music:here::
Georges "Rush" St. Pierre (19-2) vs. Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy (4-0 in the UFC)
170 lb Welterweight Championship

My Take on the Situation: I know there has been a lot of hubbub about Hardy getting a title shot with only 4 fights in the UFC... for those of you on that side of the fence, I have 2 words for you:

Brock Lesnar

This stinkin meat head of a boehemeth with a phallic sword on his chest got a title shot after 3 professional fights, mind you his record was (1-1) in the UFC.  I know, I know, Lesnar's size made up for his lack of experience, he is constantly growing as a fighter... blah blah blah (if you haven't noticed yet, I'm not a Lesnar fan) but at least Hardy has a pretty decent record.  Hardy is coming into the GSP fight with a record of (24-6 and 1 No Contest).  That is nothing to turn your nose up at.  And if I'm being completely honest, I would rather see Hardy get the shot than Kos.... psh, stinkin Kos...


265 lb Interim Heavyweight Championship
Frank Mir (13-4) vs. Shane "The Engineer" Carwin (11-0)

My Take on the Situation:
I am so torn on this fight... I'm gonna call Carwin though.  I just can't get past the fact that Mir has all but looked past him.  Even when describing Carwin, Mir threw Brock in the mix... I mean, really Frank?  Carwin is a better Brock??  Now don't twist that as me saying that Brock is the better fighter because that is a load of bologna, but can't you respect Carwin enough to let him be good in his own right?
Now, if the Frank Mir of old were to fight the Carwin of now it would be much easier to say decisively that this was Carwin's fight, but with the way Mir is looking I'm kind of afraid he will be trolling the internet for people doubting him and use them to line his dog's cage.  I really prefer not to be shat on, so I'm not saying anything bad about Mir.  He is huge... not post-bike accident, boozing huge, but legitamately muscular, ready to rumble huge (okay, so maybe some of that was negative Mr. Mir, please don't tear me up)...  Transformation of the Year def. goes to Mir, but the fight goes to Carwin.

As far as the other fights that are being rumored for the Jersey Card, I'm not even going to speculate until they are officially announced.  We really don't need another cursed card this year....





No comments:

Post a Comment