Saturday, January 30, 2010

Strikeforce Miami Picks

So tonight is the big night:  Strikeforce Miami.  I don't know a lot about most of the fighters, but here are my picks for a few fights that have the notable names. 

Oh, and I would be curious to know why there is so little hype in the Cyborg/ Coenen fight.  I mean, if Strikeforce is trying to draw in fans using female MMA a la Cyborg vs Carano then wouldn't you think we would have heard more about this fight?  Or maybe they only make a big deal when they have a sex kitten fighting... hmmm....

I digress...

On to my picks!!

Bobby Lashley vs. Wes Sims
I really am not a big fan of Wes.  I'm not gonna lie, he rubs me the wrong way.  That coupled with the fact that I respect Lashley for working his way up to top tier fighters pushes my decision to Lashely taking this win.  Granted, he is a WWE crossover which ticks me off, but there is something to be said about the fact that he is actually working his way to "A" fighters rather than pulling a Brock.

Melvin Manhoef vs. Robbie Lawler
There is no rhyme or reason as to why I am picking Lawler for this one, and I understand that he is the underdog on the fight.  I think the only real reason I have to pick him is I know who he is... hahahaha... yeah, scientific, I know.

Herschel Walker vs. Greg Nagy
Nagy better win this one.  He is 26 and his opponent is 47.  That alone should give him an advantage.  Please don't choke.

Cris Cyborg vs. Marloes Coenen
As I said yesterday, Cyborg is the female Chuck Norris.  I dare not say more.

Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis
My pick for Diaz is completely selfish.  I just want him to win so he can keep fighting and I can keep listening to his interviews.  I really think that instead of a knockout highlight reel we should get to see a "Best of the Worst Intervirew Clip" reel.  I mean, really it would be to his advantage.  You don't want to fuck with crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment